David W. McGowan

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

THE STATE FAIR
This year, Lynda & I joined our neighbor's Tammy & Phil Dawkins, for dinner & entertainment at the South Carolina State Fair. For the first time ever, as far as I can recall, the weather was warm (upper 70's). I was accustomed to it being nippy after the sun went down. Also, as everyone knows, it ALWAYS rains at the fair the night you're there. Cool temperatures combined with water drops dripping from all the rides usually means wearing a light jacket will make the visit more comfortable. NOT so for this particular evening. Not only was it warm & dry outside, but all the buildings which housed the exhibits, were even warmer, with people crowded inside & all. I was miserable!


Okay, we came here to eat, so let's see what's available:

NOPE

NOPE

NOPE



NOPE: Tammy runs into old friends & we play catch-up

YEP! Phil Dawkins & I wait for the wives to arrive at the table with the drinks. We wolf down Polish Sausages with mushrooms & union, a cup of french fries & a Coke.

Dessert, anyone?

NOPE: We settle for Elephant ears, then head for more exhibits.




CHAINSAW SCULPTURES


Wreath-making. . .one of Phil's seasonal past-times. His look better than that one!











SAND SCULPTURES









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home